Thursday, March 11, 2010

Windsor Castle

Sunday a few of my friends and I decided to go to Windsor Castle for the day. This was the third castle I have seen in England since I have been here. Several weeks ago, we visited Hampton Court Palace which was the home of King Henry VIII. I have also been to the Tower of London, which is right next to the iconic Tower Bridge in London. It amazes me how different each castle is. Windsor is the only castle we have visited which is still used as a royal residence. When we got off the train, we were so excited to see the royal standard flying. This is the flag which signals that the Queen is currently residing inside. The security was unbelievable to get inside. Much like when I went on a tour of the Parliament building, we had to go through metal detectors, bag scanners, and the occasional pat down. Unfortunately, we were not able to see the Queen, but we could definitely feel the tension among the guards and security.

2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    Remember when Mon got caught in the middle of the guards and they split right around her and kept going?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will never live that down!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics