Friday, February 26, 2010

Me and Johnny D

So I've been a little busy with class work the past couple of weeks, but now I have a bit of a break! Last week I went down to Cobham, and trained with the Chelsea FC Women's team. Though I didn't feel completely on my game, I guess they saw something in me, because they invited me back. It was such a cool experience, and the facilities were unbelievable, (it's the same place where the Chelsea FC Men's team trains)! The fields were out of the city's light pollution, so we could see the whole night's sky.
Yesterday I went to my first movie premiere (even though I go to school not to far from Hollywood)! It was the world premiere for Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter (AKA Bellatrix Lastrange), Alan Rickman (AKA Snape), and Timothy Spall (AKA Wormtail). Though it was raining and we got soaked, it was so much fun! I even was able to see Prince Charles, who was quite late and held up the start of the movie! Many people waited over night for the premiere which is insane in this weather, so sparing a few hours wasn't that bad for me! I made some new friends, and got to enjoy Ben's Cookies while I waited, so I was a happy camper. For those of you who have never experienced Ben's Cookies (in Covent Garden), they are the best cookies I have ever eaten! I recommend the white chocolate chunk.

3 comments:

  1. That is very cool! Did you get to see the movie too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked really fun, even if you got soaked in the rain! How was the crowd? Were they respectful or rowdy? Question: How do you plan to get those movie posters home?!!

    Congrats on the great training session with Chelsea! What a wonderful opportunity for you, and the fact they invited you back is no small thing!

    P.S. Glad to hear you've been busy with class work, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan. I didn't know you were doing a blog. Very cool times you are having. Very happy for you! Congrats on the whole soccer thing especially! I wasn't kidding about the postcard:

    Chera Barton
    37173 Creekside Terrace #348
    Fremont, CA 94536

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics