Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Now Been a Month!

Wow, sorry it has taken me so long to write my next post! I have been attempting to save a little money the past few weeks, but it is very difficult. I can only have frozen meals for so long! Just a little weather update here: It has rained, hailed, and snowed here over the past few weeks, but it seems to be warming up just a little bit (or I am getting used to it)! Although, we freeze when we have to wait for the buses for what seems like forever! In case you don't know (which you probably don't), there is a Uni bus that drives from Oakwood station (our underground station), to Trent Park campus. It is only a 10-15 minute walk, but it is very dark at night, and has hills. This road is called Snakes Lane, AKA the road to Narnia (I think I have some pictures). Anyway... so we think that we have the worst luck with the buses here. They loop around about every 15 minutes, but sometimes (feels like all the time), they go on a 20 minute break so we could be waiting in the cold for over 30 minutes. It feels as though whenever we need the bus, they go on break!
Last Friday, we had the River Boat Disco on the Thames! We have learned here, when they use the term Disco here, it means that there is music and dancing (not that it is 70's themed)! It was so much fun! The boat had 2 levels which we could go on, and the 2nd level had a door to go outside on the deck. We tried to go out there a few times because it was so beautiful, but it was freezing! When we got on the boat, the first song that was played was "Party in the USA". We thought it was a little bit ironic, but we enjoyed it none the less! *Helpful tip: If you are going out wearing heals, and have enough room in your purse for flats, bring them! Your feet will thank you!
This past week I have been trying to focus (a little more at least) on my classes. I am in a module for graphic design which means that we get full class credits and a grade for the module, but we can choose our classes with in it. I am taking 2 classes here at the moment, and both classes are focused around completing one project in each, which both happen to be for different international advertising competitions. My first class is for the D&AD competition. For this, we were given several briefs to choose from. I chose to do the project on the integrated marketing campaign for Lloyds TSB partnered with the London 2012 Olympics. I'm finding this project really fun, because it is incorporating two of my greatest passions: Sports, and creativity! The second project, is for a drink company in England called Feel Good Drinks. It is a very young company, and the brief pretty much just said "Make us famous". For this project, we were able to work in groups. Since we jumped in half way this year, my partner and I were by default put together. We got tagged as "Team America", which we aren't sure how we feel about, but it is entertaining at the same time.
So this Sunday is the Superbowl! The Student Union is reserved for watching the Superbowl at what, 2am? It should be interesting, especially since supposedly the halftime commercials are going to be the UK ads, not the same ones that will be aired in the US. Guess I will just have to watch them online later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics