Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Arriving

If anyone has seen the movie The Holiday, and remembers the part where Cameron Diaz is trying to find her rental cottage, that was me today. Apparently there was too much snow on the ground for the University Bus to pick me up from the Underground station, so I took a cab. The driver stopped, and told me that he couldn't go any further because he wouldn't be able to get out of the snow. So there I was, dragging two 50lbs suitcases through the snow! What a journey! After a 10 hr plane ride, a 2.5hr tube ride, 5 minute cab ride, and 15 minute hike I made it!
Next adventure: to find some food... I don't think that bag of Doritos is going to hold me over! Oh, and I need to find a bank to get some money!

5 comments:

  1. oh my god megan! thats so funny i totally know that part in the holiday and can totally picture oyu dragging all that luggage! i am so glad you made it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Megan! I can't imagine how you were able to get that luggage through the snow! You're amazing! How's the room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for starting a blog on your English adventures! We have only been there in the Spring or Summer, no snow. I can totally picture the scene from the movie, but with you dragging your luggage through the snow. All those years of soccer have helped you in a way you would never have imagined! Looking forward to your next blog!
    Elizabeth M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this from your dorm window... beautiful! Let's see more!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics